Alderbank Physiotherapy Clinic Reopening for Face to Face Physiotherapy Consultations
Reopening Date Following the Eased Restrictions due to COVID-19
Alderbank Clinic will be open from Wednesday 3rd of June 2020 for selected face to face physiotherapy consultations. We have put the following measures in place to reduce the risk to our staff, patients and to public health. If you are considering coming for a face to face appointment it is essential that you read the following information.
Clinic Capacity and Cleaning
- There will only be one Physiotherapist working in the clinic per day.
- Appointments will be spaced appropriately to enable the clinician to have time to change P.P.E and clean all surfaces that have been touched by either the clinician or the patient with an Alcohol based spray. This includes the plinths, wipeable pillows, chairs, door handles, taps and light switches of the treatment room and the toilet area if used during the patients visit.
- Towels, pillow cases band couch covers will not be used.
Personal Protective Equipment
The Physiotherapist will be wearing the following P.P.E at your appointment. This is in compliance with current government guide lines: https://www.gov/government/publications/Wuhan-novel-coronavirus-infection-prevention-and-control
- Non-latex gloves (single use)
- IIR facemask (sessional use)
- Eye protection goggles
Your Agreement with Us
We advise that you continue with Virtual sessions unless there is a clinical need to have ‘hands on’ physiotherapy. In order for our clinicians to establish this, you will be required to have a video consultation, charged at our normal rates, with your physiotherapist before coming into the clinic. We will only be seeing certain patients, who we decide require face to face consultations rather than continuing with video consultations. This is in line with the recommendations from our regulatory body, The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
We have done everything we can to reduce the risk of our clinicians and patients contracting COVID-19. However, if you come for face to face treatment please be aware that there is no way we can eliminate the risk of you contracting COVID-19.
Please do not come to the clinic if either you or one of your household is in one of the higher risk groups including, but not exclusively, those who are immuno-suppressed, those with underlying Heart or Lung conditions and those over the age of 75.
Please do not come in if you have not been following the government guidelines for social distancing. If you are unsure of these please follow this link:https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Please do not come in if either you or one of your household has been ill in the last two weeks. Including, but not exclusively:
- Fever over 38 degrees C.
- New persistent cough
- Shortness of breath
- Change or loss of taste/smell.
What You Need to do Before, During and After Your Appointment.
We ask you to adhere to the following rules. We will terminate your appointment If you do not adhere to these rules and you will still be liable for the cost of the session:
- Please sign and return the written consent form you will be sent by email before attending your appointment.
- Please wear a face mask for the entire time you are in the building as per government guidelines. If you do not have a face mask please follow the government guidelines on making your own face cover here:https://www.govuk/government/publications/how-to-wear-and-make-a-cloth-face-covering
- Alternatively, one may be purchased at the clinic.
- We will be taking your temperature as you enter the clinic to ensure you do not have a fever, using an infrared thermometer.
- We will ask you to carefully clean your hands with alcohol-based hand gel as you enter the clinic.
- Please wait in the main waiting area of the clinic as directed by the receptionist/Physiotherapist in attendance.
- Please try not to use the toilet if possible.
- Please maintain a two meter distance from your clinician for the parts of your session that are possible to do so.
- The doors to the treatment room will be left open to maximise ventilation except for when they need to be closed for your privacy.
- Please make all payments by contact less card payment of bank transfer when at all possible. If this is not possible, please have the correct cash in a sealed envelope.
- If you develop any symptoms in the two weeks following your consultation please notify us immediately.
If you have any questions regarding your face to face or video consultations please do not hesitate to contact either Lee or Victoria at: Mail@alderbankphysio.co.uk
With best wishes,
Lee and Victoria Barker.
Directors, Alderbank Clinic.